Senior Frontend Developer
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying over 106m p.a. on more than 1,800 daily flights from 81 bases, connecting 200 destinations in 31 countries on a fleet of 330 Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 350 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 180m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 10,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and has an industry leading 31-year safety record.
Ryanair Labs is a state of-the-art digital & IT innovation hub creating Europe’s Leading Travel Experience for customers.
We currently have +100 staff working in our technology department in Dublin, with a further 250 working across our Travel Labs offices in Wroclaw and Madrid.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated individuals to work in a fast-paced customer focused ecommerce environment.
We are looking for talented Senior Front-end Developers to join our digital development team. In this role you will work closely with our development and product team to develop, modify and support our website and user interfaces across all channels. We want someone who is motivated by emerging technologies and has a passion to drive digital transformation. A real desire to work in a collaborative and fast-paced retail environment is essential. You will be joining Ryanair at an exciting time with an ambitious roadmap to become digital leaders and pioneers.
These positions is based in our Swords HQ in Dublin, Ireland. If needed, we offer sponsorship and relocation.
- Delivering best-in-class user interfaces across the Ryanair.com platform
- Developing high quality, testable and performance software using agile practices
- Driving best technology and software development practices in the team with passion and enthusiasm
- Assisting analysts and business stakeholders in shaping, estimating and planning new requirements
- Participating in regular showcases of new work to the product owners and business stakeholders
- Striving for continuous improvement within the team
- Proficient in HTML/CSS
- Professional experience in Angular framework.
- Commercial experience with Angular/React/Vue technologies
- Experience with Redux
- Expert knowledge of building high performing and available websites and how to apply page performance optimisation techniques
- Adept at building and maintaining cross browser/device compatible sites
- Exposure or appreciation of agile development practices
- Comfortable with version control system (GIT)
- Passionate about user experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent understanding of the coding standards required for high volume websites from a security and performance perspective
- Experience of working with large ecommerce websites and their underlying databases.
- IT Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in a fast paced commercial environment
Competitive Salary - Including Airline Benefits.