Flight Ops Trainee
Ryanair are currently recruiting for a Flight Operations trainee to join their Flight Operations department.
The successful candidate will undergo an intensive training programme within Ryanair’s 24hour Flight Operations department covering Ground Operations Control, Crew Control and Operations Control as a Trainee Operations Officer. This is a fixed term contract.
This position will be based at our new Head Office in Airside Business Park, Dublin Airport.
Duties within the different disciplines will include:
- Production of timely, accurate and informative reports as required
- Monitoring of flight movements
- Preparation of operational paperwork for crews
- Tracking crew flight duties
- Ensuring crew are within flight time legal limits
- Accurate recording of crew absenteeism & punctuality
- Occasional driving of Crews to aircraft
- Developing and implementing solutions to day to day crewing problems
- Assisting with the development of efficient, cost effective solutions to operational disruptions
- Being the point of contact and direction to all airports on Ryanair policies and procedures
Identification, highlighting and immediate resolution of under-performance by airports in the areas of punctuality, ancillary revenue collection, customer service issues and safety & security.
- Ensure that all Ryanair information systems are correctly updated where appropriate (incl Ryanair.com)
- Any other duties as requested by the Deputy Director Operations Control
- The ability to hold a Dublin Airport Airside ID
- The ability to work and communicate effectively under pressure
- Good problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills and strong outgoing personality
- Proven ability to work under pressure
- A good telephone manner
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel and/or EDCL would be an advantage)
- Full driving licence
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite and a second European language will be an advantage.