Solicitor - Customer Service Team
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying 119m p.a. on more than 1,800 daily flights from 85 bases, connecting over 200 destinations in 33 countries on a fleet of over 360 Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 305 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 11,500 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 31-year safety record.
The Customer Service Team in Ryanair is now seeking a Customer Services Solicitor. This is a permanent position and is based in our Swords HeadOffice. This position reports directly to the Senior Customer Service Director.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Manage Ryanair’s disruption policy and litigation arising out of Regulation EC 261/2004, the Montreal Convention 1999, consumer protection legislation and contractual disputes across 33 jurisdictions.
- Manage a customer service legal department handling legal files, briefing them on our policy and procedures and ensuring general compliance.
- Advise the customer services department and senior management on points of law in setting litigation strategy as required from time to time by the wider business in achieving its ‘Always Getting Better’ objectives.
- Liaise with our external legal advisers and be responsible for a legal customer service budget.
- Oversee 20,000 + court cases annually and identify trends which will drive changes in general customer service procedures and standards.
- Create and implement complaint handling processes in different jurisdictions, defend the validity of the business’s General Terms and Conditions and take charge of test cases on novel points of law.
- Attend court hearings throughout Europe, as and when required
- Engage with National Enforcement Bodies, consumer bodies and airline groups in lobbying for regulatory change.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of developments in passenger rights, relevant EU/national legislation, and disseminate that information to the wider customer services teams.
- Ensure compliance with EU dispute resolution legislation.
- Assist with PR enquiries and draft responses for the media and press releases.
- Providing legal training for the customer services department
- Strong experience in handling volume litigation and a customer services department.
- Understanding of consumer protection legislation at European level.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly, show initiative and cope with a large and varied caseload.
- Excellent drafting and legal writing skills.
- Ability to work with excel and record keeping are highly desirable