SVQ Aircraft Structures Mechanic
Ryanair is Europe’s favorite low fares airline, operating more than 1,600 daily flights (over 500,000 per year) from 68 bases, across 1,600 low fare routes, connecting 186 destinations in 30 countries and operating a fleet of 300 new Boeing 737-800 aircraft.
With a recent announcement for 180 new aircraft Ryanair is expanding its engineering facilities throughout its extensive European network.
To provide engineering support, Ryanair Technics operated by JC Aircraft Maintenance, is inviting applications for Aircraft Structures Mechanic to join our Heavy Maintenance team in Seville. This is an excellent opportunity to work with Europe’s leading airline and to work in an exciting and ever changing environment. We are interested in you if you are looking for a career opportunity where hard work, initiative and enthusiasm are part of the daily routine.
The successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Performs a wide variety of operations in the completion of assemblies involving component tooling where some judgment is necessary to set up and maintain a positive relationship of a multiple number of parts or assemblies
- Performs assembling operations such as cutting, filing, drilling, countersinking, fitting, shimming, adjusting, clamping, bolting, reaming, riveting, and bucking where locations and other pertinent information is established or predetermined and tolerances, edge margins, hole patterns, etc., are usually controlled by tooling and fixtures
- Locates reference points, holes, parts and assemblies from established reference lines or points, transfers hole and rivets pattern within predetermined limits and performs sheet metal assembly work with and without aid of jigs, fixtures or other tooling when necessary
- Applies sealing, bonding agents and other liquid adhesives per specification requirements.
- Install some hardware such as nuts, bolts, spring pins, cotter keys and safety wire as needed
- Special care is needed for stress critical areas and areas of cosmetic concern
- Rework and repair issues as needed
- Uses hand and portable tools such as rivet gun, drill motor, portable dimpling equipment, bucking bars, de-burr tools, file, scale, etc.
- Functional testing of completed parts and assemblies may be required
- Responsible for the quality of own work
- Performs other related duties as required
- High school education or equivalent. Requires the use of simple arithmetic, a limited number of measuring instruments and blueprints.
- Between 2 – 10 years aircraft structure experience required
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Be highly organized and have the ability to handle a wide variety of tasks in a highly pressurized environment
- Be and effective communicator
- Proven computer skills
- Location: Seville
- Employment type: Full-time
- Remuneration: In accordance with experience