Database Administrator (DBA)
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying 119m p.a. on more than 1,800 daily flights from 85 bases, connecting over 200 destinations in 33 countries on a fleet of over 360 Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 305 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 11,500 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 31-year safety record.
Ryanair Labs is a state of-the-art digital & IT innovation hub creating Europe’s Leading Travel Experience for customers. As a scrum master you will work closely with product owners from discovery to implementation of new products driving Ryanair’s strategic vision. As part of an agile development team you will play a key role in defining and shaping new projects and approaches to delivery. This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated individuals to work in a fast-paced customer focused ecommerce environment.
We are looking for a DBA to work in a multi-disciplined team, working alongside Developers, Designers and a Senior DBA. You will be responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. The duties will also include:
- Collaborating with IT Infrastructure & Development on best practices for database\platform provisioning and monitoring
- Liaising with the development teams on development tasks and database architecture
- Resolving database incidents and reports within in SLAs
This role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or equivalent work experience.
- Has experience in database administration, development and support in database environments, primarily in Microsoft SQL Server including Performance Tuning, Query Optimization using monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience in SQL Server is essential but experience in one or more of the following would be advantageous: MySQL, Sybase, Oracle, Couchbase (or other NoSQL DBs)
- Experience working in both OLTP and OLAP environments would also be advantageous
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Knowledge of High Availability technologies
- Experience in implementing operational automation.
- SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints)
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures (creating KBs, runbooks, topology etc )
- Ability to use scripting tools
Our tech stack includes (but isn’t limited to):
- MS SQL Server 2016
- QlikView, Tableau, Power BI
- Hadoop (HDFS, Spark, Impala, Hive, Cloudera).
- Java, Python, Scala, R
- AWS (S3, EC2, ECS, Lambda, EMR, RedShift), Docker, Elastic Search, Kibana,)