Ryanair, Europe’s largest low fares airline is looking to grow its Product Design team. This is an exciting opportunity to work in one of Europe’s biggest consumer & travel brands, in a fast paced and challenging environment in the new Ryanair Labs office in Madrid that provides services for Ryanair. We’re looking for bright, talented and enthusiastic people who love design & and are focused on delivering a great UX.
We’ve started on a journey to deliver amazing user experiences across platforms for all forty million plus of our site visitors per month. But the work has only begun. We need a UX designer to join our team and play a key role in creating better experiences across existing and new products.
We’re ideally looking for somebody with at least 3 years experience championing UX in an online product. A passion for design is important, but we value the right attitude just as much too. You may have started life in design, development or information architecture. You’re truly passionate about UX. You can’t visit a single web site without deconstructing the experience and thinking of how you’d improve it. You’re probably thinking about it now.
What it’s like:
- Design seamless digital and physical travelling experience
- Hands-on design, responsible for core areas of our platform UX
- Work with our team of 25+ passionate designers
- The satisfaction of your work used by 130+million plus passengers
- Take ownership and manage projects from a design perspective
- Work with cross functional teams (including UI designers, researchers and prototypers) to develop ideas from concept through to detailed design
- Manage multiple projects at the same time
- Present your ideas to stakeholders
- Actively seek out new and exciting design approaches/ methods that will bring new dimensions to the team
Here’s what we’d like to see:
- A portfolio of sites, services or products where you’ve made a significant contribution to improving UX.
- Having designed for consumer facing products or ecommerce experience would be an advantage.
- Experience in designing for mobile (native and web-based) would be extremely beneficial
- Experience conducting user testing and feedback
- The ability to identify what problems we should be solving and frame them accordingly
- You think about design holistically – and understand how decisions impact across a complex system
- Comfortable working within a cross disciplined team – e.g. Product Managers, Business Analysts, Research, Development etc.
- Focus on the details - deliver designs by working with the Engineering team and driving a high quality end product.
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate your designs and the rationale behind them to the various stakeholders
- A good grasp of wireframing tools such as Sketch / Axure
- Comfortable working with remote teams