Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, operating more than 1,800 daily flights from 81 bases, connecting 200 destinations in 31 countries on a fleet of over 300 Boeing 737 aircraft. Ryanair has orders for a further 380 new Boeing 737 aircraft, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic from 105m this year to 180m p.a. in FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 10,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and has an industry leading 31-year safety record.
Talented and passionate about technology? Looking for a new challenge? We want to hear from you! Travel Labs Poland is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ryanair and has opened a new digital hub in Wroclaw. We are looking for the very best IT talent to join our growing development team to transform the digital experience of our customers and advance our internal systems.
We are looking for talented Wordpress developers to join our digital development team. In this role you will work closely with our development and product team to develop, modify and support several Wordpress powered websites. Experience in working with and designing Wordpress themes and working with plugins is essential. You will know SEO, design and best UI/UX practices. If desired there will be opportunities to experience new technologies and work on other non wordpress sites.
A real desire to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment is essential. You will be joining Ryanair at an exciting time with an ambitious road map to become digital leaders and pioneers.
We're building a large-scale, distributed system that wraps the Ryanair website. It provides multiple integrated services, across several platforms, that act as a whole to block web scrapers in real time.
- Knowledge about plugin territory
- WordPress coding standards and good practices
- Experience with page builders, cache plugins, WooCommerce
- Knowledge about WordPress hooks
Here's what would be nice to have:
- SEO understanding and experience
- Experience in WordPress development - any plugins or themes available online is a plus
- Familiarity with wireframes and UI design tools
- Experience of API integration
- Knowledge of CSS preprocessors (SASS, Stylus), Gulp, npm
- Delivering best in class WordPress websites
- Developing high quality, testable and performance software using Agile work practices
- Providing guidance and expertise in all things WordPress related
- Assisting analysts and business stakeholders in shaping, estimating and planning new requirements
- Participating in regular showcases of new work to the product owners and business stakeholders
- Striving for continuous improvement within the team
- Strong desire to keep up to date with the latest trends, tools and techniques
- Developing for cross browser compatibility
- Understanding of responsive or mobile first design
- Experience of deploying and configuring WordPress websites
- Understanding the structure of a WordPress website including MySQL integration