Java EE Developer - Ryanair
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, operating more than 1,800 daily flights from 86 bases, connecting 200 destinations in 31 countries on a fleet of over 350 Boeing 737 aircraft. Ryanair has orders for a further 380 new Boeing 737 aircraft, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic from 119m this year to 200m p.a. in FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 10,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and has an industry leading 31-year safety record.
Talented and passionate about technology? Looking for a new challenge? We want to hear from you! Ryanair Labs Madrid is a new digital hub in Madrid, providing services for Ryanair. We are looking for the very best IT talent to join our growing development team to transform the digital experience of our customers and advance our internal systems.
We are looking for talented Java EE developers to join our new digital development team. In this role you will work closely with our development and product team to develop, modify and support our applications, website and user interfaces across all channels. We want someone who is motivated by emerging technologies and has a passion to drive digital transformation. A real desire to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment is essential. You will be joining Ryanair at an exciting time with an ambitious roadmap to become digital leaders and pioneers.
Your responsibilities as a Java Developer will include:
- The candidate will possess a keen interest and be up to date with the latest technologies and developments in the software industry.
- The candidate will demonstrate a desire to learn and work with cutting edge technologies and solutions within a high performing team.
- An ability to write end to end solutions for web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications and develop prototypes quickly.
- The candidate should have a strong understanding of and practical experience with Java/J2ee web application development and related application frameworks (e.g Spring).
- A good knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases.
- Exposure to and knowledge of software release management techniques including continuous integration and delivery.
- Hands on experience of unit and automated testing.
- An understanding of modern web security techniques.
- Experience of working in an agile or other rapid development environmentDelivering best-in-class JAVA EE applications, web services and complex solutions
- Developing high quality, testable and performant software using agile practices
Desired skills and experience
- Proficient in Java, Spring Framework, Hibernate, Maven
- Experience with JSON, XML and RESTful services
- REST, Unix, Open ID, Oauth, NoSQL, relational database, Jenkins, Jira, junit, iOS, Android
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- Adobe Experience Manager, CQ5, CMS solutions.
- Fluent in English
- Do you have a disability recognised? We would love to talk to you! Please let us know in your application leaving a comment