Junior Windows Administrator
The Junior Windows Server Administrator is responsible for Maintaining Microsoft windows patch management and adhere to system security standards for Windows systems used by all departments within the company. Ryanair uses a Microsoft stack for day to day infrastructure (File and Print, Authentication, Exchange). The position will also manage and maintain many vertical applications to the OS level – patching, troubleshooting etc.
- Maintain Microsoft windows patch management and adhere to system security standards.
- Monitor and optimize the performance of both physical and virtual servers.
- Backup and recovery of OS and application information.
- Enforce Windows Server Administration and systems hardening standards, policies and guidelines and develop and implement them as needs are identified.
- Provide support escalation to the Helpdesk, Desktop Services and other groups as needed and complete tasks as required.
- PowerShell scripting
Here’s what we’re looking for:
We are looking for a Junior Windows Server Admin who can step up into a Junior Windows Server Administrator role to maintain the security patching on our Windows server estate.
- This role will suit someone with experience in the following desktop administration areas
- Desktop project management end to end
- Avidity to find and implement new desktop solutions
- Must have at least some experience in server systems
- Highly knowledgeable on general Microsoft technologies
- Expert knowledge with Active Directory and Understanding of GPO, AD, OU structures
- The role will be highly focused on Security patching, but occasionally other server maintenance work will be required.
- Familiarity with a multitude of Active Directory and HP and DELL blade server health tools and utilities for managing, monitoring and troubleshooting Windows server infrastructure and networks
- Knowledge of Citrix and Terminal Services
- Strong troubleshooting (root cause analysis) skills
- Experience backup operations, and systems monitoring in multiple and complex network server environments
- Expert troubleshooting and diagnostic skills and providing support to Operations personnel Experience with business continuity / disaster recovery failover/failback and run-book documentation
- Experience with cyber security, server hardening and DMZ deployment
- Must be able to perform duties with minimum supervision, and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled and Ability to prioritize multiple assigned tasks and execute parallel tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Sport card (Multisport Plus)
- Private Healthcare
- Flight ticket discount
- Wide range of projects