Senior Compliance Solicitor
Ryanair is Europe’s No.1 airline, carrying 129m customers p.a. on over 2,000 daily flights from 87 bases, connecting 210 destinations in 33 countries on a fleet of over 400 new Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 240 B737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. These modern aircraft are among the quietest and most fuel efficient in operation, making Ryanair one of the greenest, cleanest airlines in Europe. Ryanair’s team of over 13,000 highly skilled aviation professionals deliver Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 32 year safety record.
Ryanair’s Legal & Regulatory Affairs Department deals with a wide range of legal and regulatory issues, both at the national level across Ryanair’s network and at European level. The Department is also responsible for Company Secretarial duties.
The Legal & Regulatory Affairs Department is now offering a full-time position to a senior compliance solicitor with approx. 10 years PQE. This position is based in our Swords HQ.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Monitor, ensure and report on compliance with data protection legislation;
- Maintain Ryanair’s data protection policies/procedures;
- Liaise with relevant data protection authorities;
- Engage with corporate compliance authorities, at both EU and national levels;
- Attend to corporate filings and ensure compliance with legal requirements;
- Review and draft contracts, correspondence and policy documents.
- Qualified solicitor with approx. 10 years PQE;
- Expert knowledge of European/national data protection and privacy laws and practices, including an in-depth knowledge of the GDPR;
- Experience as a corporate compliance officer and/or legal counsel to an international company;
- Experience in negotiating/reviewing/drafting commercial agreements;
- Excellent organisational and communication skills;
- Excellent drafting and legal writing skills;
- Fluency in English.
The following, while not essential, will be an advantage:
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) qualification;
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP);
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM);
- Knowledge of one of the major European languages in addition to English;
- Understanding of economics and business;
- Understanding of the internet and digital technologies.
Closing Date: 23rd January