Insurance Programmes and Finance Assistant
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying 130m customers p.a. on more than 2,000 daily flights from 86 bases, connecting over 200 destinations in 34 countries on a fleet of over 400 Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 260 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 13,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and extending an industry leading 32 year safety record.
Ryanair is seeking to recruit an Insurance Programmes and Finance Assistant to join its Finance Department.
This role represents a great development opportunity for a motivated and ambitious individual who wants to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment and who is keen to progress towards a professional accountancy qualification.
This is a permanent position and is based in our Head Office in Swords.
- Assist with the administration of the Group’s aviation and general insurance policies including close liaison with the Group’s insurance brokers
- Prepare and maintain insurance files; this will require ongoing interaction with various departments across the Group
- Liaise with Group’s legal and technical advisers and third party claims handlers in relation to individual case management
- Prepare management information on overall claims exposure and claims history
- Scheduling of and attendance at file review meetings
- Assist with the preparation of management accounts and other financial reporting obligations
- Assist with the preparation of VAT returns and other reporting obligations within the Group’s Tax team
- Maintaining a risk matrix to include forecasting of potential risk exposures
- A business studies or law graduate with an interest in progressing towards and accountancy or insurance qualification or a part/recently qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent) or insurance specialist, with a minimum of 1 years relevant experience.
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills are essential. The candidate should be able to demonstrate a high degree of initiative, and possess strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Access/database management skills are essential.