Database Administrator (DBA)
Ryanair Labs is a state of-the-art digital & IT innovation hub based in Dublin and Wroclaw, creating Europe’s Leading Travel Experience for customers. As a result of our continued expansion, we are opening an new office in the heart of Madrid City Centre and we want to hear from the best IT developers Madrid has to offer to join our Travel Labs
We are looking for a DBA to work in a multi-disciplined team, working alongside Developers, Designers and a Senior DBA. You will be responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. The duties will also include:
- Collaborating with IT Infrastructure & Development on best practices for database\platform provisioning and monitoring
- Liaising with the development teams on development tasks and database architecture
- Resolving database incidents and reports within in SLAs
This role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or equivalent work experience.
- Has experience in database administration, development and support in database environments, primarily in Microsoft SQL Server including Performance Tuning, Query Optimization using monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience in SQL Server is essential but experience in one or more of the following would be advantageous: MySQL, Sybase, Oracle, Couchbase (or other NoSQL DBs)
- Experience working in both OLTP and OLAP environments would also be advantageous
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Knowledge of High Availability technologies
- Experience in implementing operational automation.
- SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints)
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures (creating KBs, runbooks, topology etc )
- Ability to use scripting tools
- Fluent in English
Our tech stack includes (but isn’t limited to):
- MS SQL Server 2016
- QlikView, Tableau, Power BI
- Hadoop (HDFS, Spark, Impala, Hive, Cloudera).
- Java, Python, Scala, R
- AWS (S3, EC2, ECS, Lambda, EMR, RedShift), Docker, Elastic Search, Kibana,)