Linux Team Lead
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying 120m p.a. on more than 1,800 daily flights from 86 bases, connecting over 200 destinations in 34 countries on a fleet of over 360 Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 300 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 12,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 31 year safety record.
We are looking for a Linux Team Lead to join our Infrastructure team in Dublin. In this role you will work on large-scale system design and troubleshooting using a wide array of cutting-edge technologies. A real passion for automation and the desire to work in an agile environment as well as familiarity with running production environments at scale is crucial. You will be joining Ryanair at an exciting time with an ambitious roadmap to become digital leaders and pioneers. The Linux engineering team (total of 7 engineers) is expanding across Dublin, Wroclaw and Madrid. We are moving rapidly to cloud environments and want someone with the technical and leadership skills to drive the Linux team forward to this goal.
- Manage team of six Linux Engineers as part of the Infrastructure & Operations team
- Be part of the core Infrastructure & Operations leadership team that will design and build the future systems for Ryanair – both on premise and increasingly in cloud environments
- Ensure that standards are maintained by direct reports, vendors and contractors
- Install, upgrade, manage and administer our Linux systems, both physical and virtual.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and tune clusters and servers for system health and performance.
- Create and maintain automation scripts.
- Create and maintain documentation on installations, tools, and procedures.
- Fluent English written and spoken.
- Leadership experience in a Linux based environment
- Broad knowledge of systems technologies and industry trends with subject matter specialization in Linux systems administration and advanced knowledge of specific practices
- Able to successfully contribute in cross-functional teams containing a mixture of technical and non-technical peers
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of scripting technologies using bash, Perl, Python and similar tools
- Expertise in Linux system administration automation (using Ansible, Spacewalk, etc)
- Knowledge of at least one configuration management/deployment system (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Spacewalk, etc.)
- Extensive experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6/7 required
- Some experience with Docker desired
- Experience in a large environment (> 500 systems) with 24x7 support requirements
- Experience with administration, configuration and deployment of Linux systems in a fast paced commercial environment.
- Knowledge of server and application-level security, particularly web applications.
- A background working in a regulated / standards compliant environment a plus.
- Experience with cloud-based Infrastructure-as-a-Service, AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience working in 24x7 environment
- Have a passion for automation.
- Competitive Salary
- Travel Benefits