Information Security SOC Analyst
The SOC Analyst role is part of the Information Security Department of Ryanair. You will be joining a challenging, exciting and growing part of the business, working in a dynamic environment. The team is responsible for cybersecurity of internal environments.
The role would suit an experienced analyst having previously worked in a SOC environment.
- Analyse, triage and respond to security events, alarms and escalations as required, acting as the line security event analyst monitoring the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system. Monitor the alarm dashboard, providing an initial analysis of event data and network traffic, making security event determinations on alarm severity, escalation, and response routing.
- Recommend changes to enhance systems security and prevent unauthorized access to IT Lab and Client systems.
- Conduct research and assessments of security events, providing analysis of firewall, IDS, anti-virus and other network sensor produced events, to feed into SOC reporting activities and improvements.
- Monitor threat and vulnerability news services for any relevant information that may impact installed infrastructure. Analyse reports to understand threat campaign(s) techniques, lateral movements and extract indicators of compromise.
- Write, modify, and fine tune, SIEM rulesets for improved alerting and reduction of false positives.
- Analyse log data from various sources
- Participate in compliance/vulnerability assessment scanning, and develop mitigation and remediation plans from the assessment findings
- Document information security operations policies, processes, and procedures. Create and update security event investigation notes on open incidents, and maintain case data in the incident response management platform.
- Provide input, as requested, for Security, Risk, Compliance and Service reporting
- Understanding of performing analysis and interpretation of information from SOC systems; incident identification/analysis, escalation procedures, and reduction of false-positives.
- A University degree level education (or equivalent professional certifications) in Information/Cyber Security, Forensics, or Computer Science; related experience and training in the field of IT security monitoring and analysis, cyber threat analysis, and vulnerability analysis.
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems and applicable system administration skills (Windows, Linux, Mac, VM platforms).
- Experience using Security tools, such as Vulnerability scanners, IDS/IPS, SIEM, etc.
- Detailed understanding of TCP/IP and a good background in network troubleshooting and technologies; Firewall configuration, monitoring, network packet capture (tcpdump/Wireshark), etc.
- An understanding of threat analysis, threat hunting, and intelligence feeds
- Excellent knowledge of commonly used Internet protocols such as SMTP, HTTP, and DNS
- Knowledge of adversarial simulation frameworks
Nice to have:
- Host-based forensics
- Experience in IT security within multi-supplier and Cloud IT environments
- Experience in ELK stack
- Malware analysis and sandboxing
- Competitive Salary
- Sport card and healthcare
- Discounted air travel from day one