Flight Operations Performance Engineer - FLOE
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying over 130m p.a. on more than 2,100 daily flights from 87 bases, a fleet of over 430 Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 350 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 14,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and has an industry leading 31-year safety record.
Due to our continued growth we are currently looking to recruit a Flight Operations Performance Engineer to be based at our offices in London Stansted Airport on a 4 on 4 off day shift only pattern.
As a Flight Operations Performance Engineer your primary role will be to provide support on behalf of the Flight Operations Performance Department to the Ryanair fleet, flight crew and internal departments including Aircraft Performance, Airfield Evaluation and Briefing, Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) Maintenance and Weight & Balance.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic person with a passion for aircraft performance to join our team. You’ll also need to be able to multi-task, communicate effectively and ideally have experience working in a busy, deadline-driven environment.
Reporting to the Flight Operations Performance Engineering Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Creation of electronic and backup Aircraft Performance data generated using Boeing performance software applications.
- Supporting company airfield categorisation process through rapid network growth and conducting airport evaluations where necessary
- Conducting new route payload/range analyses and infrastructure downgrade impact assessments.
- Generate technical reports on procedure design/fuel usage using Boeing performance software applications.
- Maintenance of Ryanair’s Fleet Weight program and creation/publication of aircraft weight documentation.
- Auditing of data provided by third party vendors used in performance software applications.
- Provide subject expertise to departmental and flight operations Safety Risk Assessments (SRAs)
- Assist in the maintenance and revision of department regulated documents.
- Provide support in assessing operational impact of revisions to aeronautical charts, navigation database (FMC) and avionic databases.
- Respond and provide feedback to flight-deck queries on subjects of Aircraft Performance and Weight & Balance.
- 3 years’ experience in a Flight Operations Engineering role (airline or aviation focused performance vendor); preferably with B737 aircraft knowledge.
- Sound knowledge of Aircraft Systems and Aircraft Performance principles and applications, proficient in Manufacturer’s Operations Engineering Software Applications having attended Boeing Performance Engineer and Weight and Balance courses.
- Must have extensive experience, knowledge and understanding of European aviation regulatory environment.
- Degree in Aeronautical Engineering or related field (or equivalent experience) with requisite IT skills
- Team oriented with excellent time management skills and the ability to self-manage achieving high levels of accuracy, productivity and efficiency.