The Hanger Manager, will provide management oversight and leadership of daily aircraft maintenance operations at the H10 facility at Stansted, ensuring efficient coordination, communication and oversight. Will act in conjunction with multiple departments and outside resources to ensure a high level of safety, production, and quality is maintained. Will provide direction and oversight to the planners and supervisors and Engineers within the team.
Duties, Skills, & Abilities:
· Have a background in aircraft maintenance, managing a workforce of Maintenance Planners, Licenced Engineers Mechanics and other Technical Support personnel.
· Experience should consist of:
- Formal and informal aircraft systems training
- Maintenance of aircraft and engine systems
- Use of specialised tools
- Ground support equipment
- Technical reports and forms
- Online Aircraft Maintenance Manuals, and Parts Catalogues
- Aircraft logbook procedures and computer based aircraft maintenance tracking systems
- Discipline programs in accordance with the company policy manual
- Manpower and tool purchasing justification
- Interview and hiring practices
· Demonstrated strong organisational and time management skills; can work independently while still keeping a team perspective.
· Must be detail orientated with ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
· Must be a self-starter and be able to show a demonstrated ability to trouble shoot problems, both aircraft and personnel in nature, with little guidance.
· Must have well-developed people skills and ability to work with a variety of personalities. Must exhibit patience while at the same time is assertive and controls the H10 maintenance operation in a professional manner.
· Must be flexible with respect to work schedule and willing to assist and support others within the company when needed.
· Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· Ability to prioritise and coordinate with associated department.
· Overall responsibility for the H10 Line Maintenance operation
· Takes direction from and coordinates with the Senior Managers, Maintenance Managers
· Responsible for coordinating timely and accurate communication of real time work progress, anticipated delays, AOG status, staffing requirements, or any other information necessary to ensure an efficient operation.
· Author proposals/justifications for specialized tools, or ground support equipment to meet operational needs of the H10 maintenance operation.
· Responsible for ensuring that the H10 Maintenance operation is adequately staffed to approved headcount levels, working with the Recruiting Department in filing positions through the entire new hire process.
· Providing detailed weekly operational reports to the Senior Managers, Maintenance Operations and Director of Maintenance as required.
· Help promote a culture of safety, honesty and respect for others at their work location in accordance with company policy manuals.
· Leading and directing special projects as necessary.
· Commit to and attend training events both on and off the assigned work site to continue to develop your professional skills.
· Other duties as assigned