Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying 130m customers p.a. on more than 2,000 daily flights from 86 bases, connecting over 200 destinations in 34 countries on a fleet of over 400 Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 260 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 13,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and extending an industry leading 32 year safety record.
Ryanair is looking for a strong Banking Manager to lead the Banking team (Middle & Back Office Treasury) and become a key part of the Finance department in Europe’s largest airline. This is a permanent position and is based in our Swords HQ. Reporting to the Director of Finance, this role offers attractive career development, experience and progression opportunities, and provides the opportunity to lead and direct an essential function within a rapidly growing, high-profile organisation.
The role provides an opportunity for an appropriately qualified candidate with an interest in Banking/Finance to enhance their skills and gain valuable experience in a large and fast-growing corporation. An enthusiasm for change and a willingness to make your mark are essential.
- Leading the Banking function and managing the Banking team (Middle & Back Office Treasury) approx. six staff
- Analysing and enhancing banking and cash management processes, and identifying opportunities to improve efficiency
- Managing cash management functions for the Ryanair group
- Managing relationships with Ryanair’s banks and other service providers
- Ensuring that all operational banking duties in Middle and Back Office are discharged, including transaction processing, confirmation and settlement, and bank account management
- Ensuring internal controls are operating effectively, including approvals, reconciliations and segregation of duties
- Preparing daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly management reports
- Acting as banking subject matter expert for the ongoing programme of system change and enhancements
- Leading and contributing to ad-hoc banking projects
- Managing and mentoring staff in Middle Office and Back Office
- Adhoc project work
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, ambitious, has a keen interest in banking operations and Treasury management systems in Ryanair. The ideal candidate should have as some or all of the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting, Finance or related area.
- Accounting, banking, treasury or other relevant professional qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar)
- Relevant banking / treasury experience, including operational and project-based experience is desirable but not essential
- Excellent analytical skills, team leadership experience, a high degree of initiative and accuracy/coupled with attention to detail and deadlines, etc. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Experience with a SAP or other major ERP systems, Treasury management systems and advanced Microsoft Excel skills.