.NET Developer Lead
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying 119m p.a. on more than 1,800 daily flights from 85 bases, connecting over 200 destinations in 33 countries on a fleet of over 360 Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 305 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 11,500 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 31-year safety record.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer/Manager to lead our .Net Development team. In this role you will work closely with our existing development and product teams. We are looking for a talented, self-driven and customer focused Software Developer to lead the team of 20 Developers. Someone who is passionate about writing and maintaining high-quality software that solves real-world meaningful problems at scale. A desire to lead in a collaborative and fast-paced environment is essential.
This is a permanent position based in our Head Office here in Swords.
Your responsibilities as a Developer lead will include:
- Mentor and grow a team of developers focusing both on career and personal development.
- Conducting goal setting, performance reviews and appraisals of Developers in collaboration with the Head of Development.
- Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs to power the web/mobile application.
- Ensure positive and fast paced environment is maintained as the scrum teams grow.
- Providing input into the Travel Labs Development strategy driving the standardisation of processes and procedures across the development group.
- Ensure the technology that the team are working with is following best practices and standards.
- Responsibility for the team to produce scalable, secure preforming top quality code.
- Responsibility that the team is following best software delivery standards to ensure a continuous delivery of code.
- Report to management on the progress of the team and communicate any issues effectively.
- Remove blockers for technical group.
- Gather feedback from team members on all matters, ensure people are heard, be the voice of the team.
- Helping to set goals and objectives for team members and undertaking to evaluate the progress of completion periodically.
- Review CVs, arrange and conduct interviews, work with HR to expand the team.
- Enforce the development process delivery guidelines from the business.
- Assist on allocation of resources to each delivery team.
- Meet regularly with the Head of Software Development to ensure line up of developer strategies and share best practices across the organisation.
- Proficient in .NET and associated technologies
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in a fast paced commercial environment
- The candidate will possess a keen interest and be up to date with the latest technologies and developments in the software industry.
- The candidate will demonstrate the ability to lead a high performing team.
- An ability to write end to end solutions for web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications and develop prototypes quickly.
- The candidate should have a strong understanding of and proven experience with building high performing enterprise applications.
- Exposure to and knowledge of software release management techniques including continuous integration and delivery.
- Experience of leading in an agile or other rapid development environmentDelivering best-in-class applications, web services and complex solutions
- Developing high quality, testable and performant software using agile practices
Past experience in the following would be an advantage:
- Previous team leadership experience
- Past experience inputting into and executing Developer strategies
- Mentoring junior staff and assisting in their professional development