Ryanair Labs is a state of-the-art digital & IT innovation hub based in Dublin and Wroclaw, creating Europe’s Leading Travel Experience for customers. As a result of our continued expansion, we are opening an new office in the heart of Madrid City Centre and we want to hear from the best IT developers Madrid has to offer to join our Travel Labs.
We are looking for talented Node.js developers to join our new digital development team. In this role you will work closely with our development and product team to develop, modify and support our website and user interfaces across all channels. We want someone who is motivated by emerging technologies and has a passion to drive digital transformation. A real desire to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment is essential. You will be joining Travel Labs at an exciting time with an ambitious roadmap to become digital leaders and pioneers.
Your responsibilities as a Frontend Engineer will include
- Delivering best in class applications across the Ryanair.com platform.
- Developing high quality, testable and performant software using Agile work practices.
- Driving best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm.
- Assisting analysts and business stakeholders in shaping, estimating and planning new requirements.
- Participating in regular showcases of new work to the product owners and business stakeholders.
- Striving for continuous improvement within the team.
Here's what we're looking for:
- 3+ years of professional development experience.
- 2+ years experience with Node.js and server-side development.
- Expert level knowledge of Node.js.
- Expert knowledge of relational and non relational databases such as MYSQL/MongoDB/Couchbase.
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience).
- Knowledge of Node.js and framework available for it such as Loopback/Express.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of API development, standards and best practices.
- Knowledge of web frameworks such as Angular/React/Vue.
- Understanding of frontend technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3.
- Expert knowledge and experience with JSON, XML, RESTful Web Services.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Good English communication skills.
Here's what would be nice to have:
- Comfortable working in Linux/Unix environment
- Experience with TDD/BDD and continuous integration environment
Experience running production services in AWS.
You'd be a great fit if you:
- Raise the bar for your team technically, and are tenacious, curious and collaborative in all aspects of your work
- Are a quick learner and have excellent communication skills
- Enjoy working in an environment with a lot of context and minimal guidance
- If you have a Github account, have contributed to open source projects, have a personal project of which you're particularly proud or are currently getting neck-deep in a new technology that you're really excited about, tell us all about it in your cover letter!