Software Engineer in Test
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying 119m p.a. on more than 1,800 daily flights from 85 bases, connecting over 200 destinations in 33 countries on a fleet of over 360 Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 305 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 11,500 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 31-year safety record.
We are implementing the best Digital platform for travel and tourism. We are seeking a highly skilled Software Engineer in Test who can help further our Automation Infrastructure in our fast paced Agile Software Development organisation.
We are looking for individuals who have a background in software development but have a strong interest in Quality Assurance & Automated Testing. Automation of our test processes is critical to our ambitions of becoming leaders in software development and DevOps practices.
You will work with a variety of tools and languages. Scripting not just Automated Tests but also building tools to help Development & QA Teams test and deliver software products. Past experience of load and performance testing would also be desirable.
Candidates should express a desire to progress their career along the technical or team leadership route. They should also demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn.
Ideal Candidates should be able to demonstrate
- Enthusiasm for learning new skills and adapting quickly to new technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to take direction and to be able to think beyond the current set of tasks in order to effectively and fully exercise any application under test.
- The ability to lead and mentor more junior team members and as well as be led.
- Good problem definition and analysis skills as well as an ability to present issues in a way that the development team can interpret to create solutions
- Previous experience in a Software Developer In Test role desirable
- Automation framework development
- Web / Mobile Native / API Automation
- Masters / Bachelor Degree in Computing
- Load Testing / JMeter (desirable but not necessary)
- Selenium WebDriver / Selenium Grid
- Gherkin BDD / Cucumber / TypeScript
- Appium / Native Apps (Android & iOS) / xCode / Swift
- Protractor JS / Angular JS
- The Atlasssian application stack (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket)
- GIT / SVN
- Linux / Unix
- Networking protocols
- Virtualisation / VMWare / Virtual Box