Pilot Rostering Manager
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying over 130m p.a. on more than 2,100 daily flights from 87 bases, a fleet of 402 Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 350 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 14,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and has an industry leading 31-year safety record.
As the business grows and as part of Ryanair’s commitment to deliver a great service to our pilots, we are now hiring an additional Pilot Rostering Manager to join a team of 3 managers reporting to the Head of Pilot Rostering.
We look for people who are keen to learn and quick to adapt. You’ll also need a head for data, the ability to communicate effectively and ideally experience of working in a busy, deadline-driven environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Management, development and appraisal of the flight operations rostering team (2 supervisors and 16 analysts)
- Ensure a legal and complete roster is issued every week.
- Optimise the rostering patterns to ensure even roster coverage and flights hours for all crew per base.
- Report weekly on all rostering issues including quantitative/statistical reporting.
- Maintenance of the Crewdock query system ensuring a timely and professional response to our pilots
- Continually develop and enhance rostering procedures and maintain rostering manual/checklists
- Develop and then implement short, medium and long term crew requirement plans/strategies and manage delivery of recruitment/training plans into the live roster.
- Involvement in ad-hoc Project work
- A highly motivated flexible individual with a disciplined outlook, demonstrated capacity for hard work and responsibility
- Commercially aware & passion for the Low Cost business model
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with other departments and our pilots
- Strong verbal, written and analytical skills including report writing and presentation skills
- Experienced managing people and reporting weekly on key performance indicators
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and Rostering/Lisline experience is desired.
Closing Date: 10th November