Mobile & Web Application QA - Ryanair Labs
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying 119m p.a. on more than 1,800 daily flights from 85 bases, connecting over 200 destinations in 33 countries on a fleet of over 360 Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 305 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 11,500 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 31-year safety record.
Reporting to the QA manager, you will participate in delivering applications to fulfil Ryanair’s ambition to operate a completely paperless cockpit as well as supporting the software needs of the Ground & Flight Operations teams.
Together with your team members, you will have responsibility for testing the applications under development for delivery to the operations team for installation on pilot and crew mobile devices. Where these applications have accompanying administrative web applications on the backend, you will also be involved in testing these.
Aviation is a highly regulated industry and as such, any software applications developed for use by crew or heavy engineering staff are subject to strict IAA (Irish Aviation Authority) approval. Testing these applications must be done in this context with only the highest level of quality acceptable.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their ability to work with local and remote teams as well as being able to work on their own initiative, all in a fast paced highly dynamic working environment.
Exposure to both Android and iOS native applications would be a distinct advantage as would knowledge of and the ability to use various test tools available to exercise mobile & web applications.
- Experience working in a fast paced Agile environment, responding to continuously changing business needs
- Good analytical & problem solving skills, ability to pay strict attention to detail.
- Experience working with teams of offshore and near-shore software testers
- Knowledge of mobile testing, specifically native applications, on the major mobile platforms, and technologies and test tools
- Knowledge of test tools and skills to test Web based applications
- Knowledge of test asset management tools such as TestRail, Zephyr or similar
- Prior use authoring test cases in BDD format.
- Experience with JIRA or similar issue tracking system
- Test strategy, planning (Planning Poker), estimation, regression and functional testing
- Experience in building and designing test cases from user stories, strong analytical & problem solving, documentation, and communication skills.
- Some knowledge of how to use automation to aid testing, and ability to prioritise appropriate scenarios would be useful
- Thorough understanding of the SDLC in the Agile context and how large, distributed, multi-channel systems are organised and structured; being conscious of the interdependencies involved in heterogeneous technical environments.
Applicants will be expected to have knowledge of and exposure to some or all of the following:
- Exposure to different mobile technologies, Android or iOS
- Various versions & flavours
- Ability to gather debug information using the relevant SDK tools for iOS or Android
- Knowledge of the Atlassian toolset; Jira, Confluence etc…
- Knowledge of Test Asset management tools such as TestRail (www.gurock.com)
- Knowledge of the deployment mechanisms in use e.g. Continuous Integration systems such as Jenkins
- Prior use of test support systems such as TestFlight or HockeyApp
- ISTQB Certified to foundation level or better a distinct advantage
- Previous test experience with REST APIs