Network Support Administrator
Ryanair Labs is a state of-the-art digital & IT innovation hub based in Dublin and Wroclaw, creating Europe’s Leading Travel Experience for customers. As a result of our continued expansion, we are opening an new office in the heart of Madrid City Centre and we want to hear from the best IT developers Madrid has to offer to join our Travel Labs.
Responsible for the day-to-day support, design and operation of all of Ryanair’s data and voice services. This role is primarily a coordination role ensuring that third parties (telcos, airports etc) perform the required processes for Ryanair operations.
Your responsibilities as a NetworkSupport Administrator will include:
- Manage the Vendor for MPLS services in airports, bases and other locations across Europe.
- Monitor of network performance and bandwidth
- Responsible for the day-to-day support of the Network Infrastructure across Head Office, DR, Web Data Centres and airports
- Assisting other teams in the rollout of any new technologies and projects that connect to the network
- Assisting the helpdesk with any network issues that may arise
- Work and communicate with 3rd party vendors
- Communicate effectively with management and business at all levels
Key skills required:
- Good networking skills (CCNA/CCNP)
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science based qualification.
- 3-5 years’ experience in networks, LAN, WAN, Voice, Data and wireless technology in a complex corporate environment.
- Expert knowledge of key networking protocols: TCP, UDP, ICMP, SNMP, OSPF, BGP
- Network Monitoring tools such as PRTG and Wireshark
- Network design
- IP Addressing/sub-netting
- Checkpoint Firewall Management
- Cisco Routers and Switches
- Fibre-Channel technology
- Mobile and fixed voice services
- Keen interest in interconnecting technologies
- Must be seen as a team player
- Detail oriented, keen on documentation and change control
- Ability to thrive in a high pressure environment.
- Meet goals and objectives
- Ability to discuss, design, implement and support global technical solutions
- Fluent English
- Work on own initiative
- Excellent communication
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to juggle multiple support issues and projects and the same time based on priority.
Role is Monday to Friday 8.30 to 17.30
Travel will be a requirement.