Senior .Net Developer
Ryanair is Europe’s No.1 airline, carrying 129m customers p.a. on over 2,000 daily flights from 87 bases, connecting 210 destinations in 33 countries on a fleet of over 400 new Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 240 B737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. These modern aircraft are among the quietest and most fuel efficient in operation, making Ryanair one of the greenest, cleanest airlines in Europe. Ryanair’s team of over 13,000 highly skilled aviation professionals deliver Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 32 year safety record.
Ryanair Labs is a state of-the-art digital & IT innovation hub creating Europe’s Leading Travel Experience for customers. The department consists of +100 technology staff working across Software Development, Data Analytics, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure & Operation, and Project Planning & Delivery. We also have IT Hubs in Wroclaw, Poland, and Madrid, Spain.
Our .Net development team consists of 20 talented individuals based across all 3 offices.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our .Net Development team. In this role you will work closely with our existing development and product teams. We are looking for a talented, self-driven and customer focused Software Developer - Someone who is passionate about writing and maintaining high-quality software that solves real-world meaningful problems at scale. A desire to lead in a collaborative and fast-paced environment is essential.
As part of an agile development team you will play a key role in defining and shaping new products and systems to deliver a better experience for both our internal staff and our 129 million passengers who fly with us every year. This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated individuals to work in a fast-paced customer focused ecommerce environment.
Reporting to the .Net Lead, this is a permanent position based in our Dublin Head Office.
- The candidate will possess a keen interest and be up to date with the latest technologies and developments in the software industry.
- The candidate will demonstrate a desire to learn and work with cutting edge technologies and solutions within a high performing team.
- An ability to write end to end solutions for web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications and develop prototypes quickly.
- The candidate should have a strong understanding of and practical experience with .NET web application development and related application frameworks.
- A good knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases.
- Exposure to and knowledge of software release management techniques including continuous integration and delivery.
- Hands on experience of unit and automated testing.
- An understanding of modern web security techniques.
- Experience of working in an agile or other rapid development environmentDelivering best-in-class .NET applications, web services and complex solutions
- Developing high quality, testable and performant software using agile practices
- Proficient in .NET, C#
- Experience with JSON, XML and RESTful services, Web.API, xUnit, NoSQL, relational databases, Jenkins, GIT, Rabbit MQ, AWS, Atlassian tools.
- Object Orientation and Design Patterns
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in a fast paced commercial environment