Senior Build and Release Specialist - Devops
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying over 106m p.a. on more than 1,800 daily flights from 81 bases, connecting 200 destinations in 31 countries on a fleet of 330 Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 350 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 180m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 10,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and has an industry leading 31-year safety record.
Ryanair is seeking an experienced Devops Engineer to join the software development team.
As part of building out the best digital team on the planet we are hiring Devops engineers to play an integral role in implementing and executing a best in class product delivery pipeline.
You will be working closely with the software development and IT operations teams to build out required tools for building, coordinating and deploying new releases to our production environments. You will support and contribute to the roll out of a continuous delivery strategy.
The Devops team ensures that new software is released in a streamlined manner. The team establishes procedures and tools that are used by both the software development and IT operations teams. The goal is releasing Ryanair’s array of products efficiently and effectively as a repeatable and scalable process.
- Support and improve our tools for continuous build, automated testing and release management
- Manage and improve Ryanair’s release process.
- Scale and efficiency is paramount.
- Leverage, build and maintain state of the art build tools
- Desired Skills and Experience
Ideally you’ll have:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- At least 4 years experience in some of the following software engineering, release engineering, devops and/or configuration management.
- Previous experience working in a continuous integration/delivery environment.
- Strong familiarity with source code repositories and management tools. Git, Stash.
- Experience with some configuration and deployment management tools e.g. Chef, Docker, Vagrant, etc.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Tomcat/IIS experience.
- Experience with build tools (Maven) and repository management experience.
- Skill with one or more scripting languages e.g Bash, Python
- Exposure of all aspects of the full SDLC.
- Experience automating release and build processes, e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo.
- Good communication skills.