Site Reliability Engineer
Ryanair is Europe’s No.1 airline, carrying 129m customers p.a. on over 2,000 daily flights from 87 bases, connecting 210 destinations in 33 countries on a fleet of over 400, new, Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 240 B737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. These modern aircraft are among the quietest and most fuel efficient in operation, making Ryanair one of the greenest, cleanest airlines in Europe. Ryanair’s team of over 13,000 highly skilled aviation professionals deliver Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 32 year safety record.
Ryanair Labs is a state of-the-art digital & IT innovation hub creating Europe’s Leading Travel Experience for customers. We are looking for Site Reliability Engineers to create scalable, highly reliable and available software systems and who have a real passion for automation and the desire to work in an agile environment as well as familiarity with running production environments at scale. You will be joining Ryanair at an exciting time with an ambitious roadmap to become digital leaders and pioneers and our engineering team is expanding across Dublin, Wroclaw and Madrid. We are building a team of people passionate about increasing automation, building reliable tools and repeatable processes and advancing a culture of reliability.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving systems engineering (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong scripting language experience (bash, Ruby, Python).
- Have a passion for automation.
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration.
- Proven experience supporting internet-facing production services and distributed systems.
- Experience with DevOps concepts including Continuous Delivery, Infrastructure as Code, and Test-Driven Development.
- Experience with build automation and configuration management tools (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible.)
- Experience supporting 24x7, high availability internet application environments that include web, application and database servers and load balancing systems.
- Experience with data management technology including Relational Databases (RDBMS) and NoSQL
- Ability to work independently / deliver without supervision.
- Ability to work well in a distributed team.
- Strong intrapersonal skills with the ability to work well with other team members, customers.
- Systematic problem-solving approach and a sense of ownership, customer service and drive.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn.
- Professional and open-minded attitude.
- Fluent English written and spoken.
- Strong knowledge of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem and other core AWS technologies
- Experience implementing DevOps practices.
- Experience of Log Analysis tools (e.g. ELK, Splunk etc)
- Competitive salary
- Sport card (Multisport Plus)
- Private Healthcare
- Flight ticket discount
- Wide range of projects