MS SQL Database Administrator
Ryanair is the biggest airlines company in Europe and was built to enable people travel around a very low fares. The company has revolutionised the flight market and has changed the way of doing tourism over the last decade. With more than a 120 million people flying every year and connecting flights from the more remote places in Europe, a career at Ryanair offers several ways to make an important impact this organisation.
Talented and passionate about technology? Looking for a new challenge? We want to hear from you! Travel Labs Poland is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ryanair and has opened a new digital hub in Wroclaw. We are looking for the very best IT talent to join our growing development team to transform the digital experience of our customers and advance our internal systems.
We are looking for a DBA to work in a multi-disciplined team, working alongside Developers, Designers and a Senior DBA. You will be responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. The duties will also include:
- Collaborating with IT Infrastructure & Development on best practices for database\platform provisioning and monitoring
- Liaising with the development teams on development tasks and database architecture
- Resolving database incidents and reports within in SLAs
This role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
Our tech stack includes (but isn’t limited to):
- Hadoop (HDFS, Spark, Impala, Hive, Cloudera).
- Java, Python, Scala, R
- AWS (S3, EC2, ECS, Lambda, EMR, RedShift), Docker, Elastic Search, Kibana,
- MS SQL Server 2016
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or equivalent work experience.
- Has experience in database administration, development and support in database environments, primarily in Microsoft SQL Server including Performance Tuning, Query Optimization using monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience in SQL Server is essential but experience in one or more of the following would be advantageous: MySQL, Sybase, Oracle, Couchbase (or other NoSQL DBs)
- Experience working in both OLTP and OLAP environments would also be advantageous
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot Database Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Knowledge of High Availability technologies
- Experience in implementing operational automation.
- SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints)
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures (creating KBs, runbooks, topology etc )
- Ability to use scripting tools
- Competitive salary
- Multisport card
- Private health care
- Flight tickets discount