Frontend Developer - Dublin
Ryanair is Europe’s Number 1 airline, carrying over 138m customers p.a. on more than 2,000 daily flights from 86 bases, connecting 224 destinations in 37 countries on a fleet of 430 Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 240 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m customers p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 13,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 33-year safety record.
In 2017, Ryanair became the first European airline to have carried over 1 billion customers.
Ryanair Labs is the technology brand of Ryanair, a tech start up within a legacy airline. Our digital hubs are located in Dublin, Madrid, and Wroclaw. With big plans to digitally revolutionise the travel industry, Ryanair Labs has embarked on its mission to become the Amazon of Travel with an encompassing Trip's platform.
Ryanair Labs is dedicated to hiring top IT talent, where software developers can have the freedom to work on game changing projects that will have an impact on our business from day one.
We are looking for talented front-end developers to join our digital development team. In this role you will work closely with our development and product team to develop, modify and support our website and user interfaces across all channels. We want someone who is motivated by emerging technologies and has a passion to drive digital transformation. A real desire to work in a collaborative and fast-paced retail environment is essential. You will be joining Ryanair at an exciting time with an ambitious roadmap to become digital leaders and pioneers.
These positions are permanent and available in both our Dublin and Madrid offices. We are offering Sponsorship and Relocation packages.
- Delivering best-in-class user interfaces across the Ryanair.com platform
- Developing high quality, testable and performance software using agile practices
- Driving best technology and software development practices in the team with passion and enthusiasm
- Assisting analysts and business stakeholders in shaping, estimating and planning new requirements
- Participating in regular showcases of new work to the product owners and business stakeholders
- Striving for continuous improvement within the team
- Proficient in HTML/CSS (preferably with HTML5 and CSS3 experience)
- Professional experience in Angular framework.
- Commercial experience with Backbone/Angular technologies
- Expert knowledge of building high performing and available websites and how to apply page performance optimisation techniques
- Adept at building and maintaining cross browser/device compatible sites
- Exposure or appreciation of agile development practices
- Comfortable with revision control systems (Mercurial)
- Passionate about user experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent understanding of the coding standards required for high volume websites from a security and performance perspective
- Experience of working with large ecommerce websites and their underlying databases.
- IT Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- 2- -3 years’ experience in a fast paced commercial environment
Competitive Salary - Including Airline Benefits.