Deputy Purchasing and Materials Manager
With a current fleet of over 440 Boeing 737-800 series aircraft and orders to grow this to over 580 aircraft by 2024 as well as the introduction of the Boeing Max, Ryanair has an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Purchasing & Materials Manager to join their team.
Our Materials team is responsible for ensuring that we have the correct aircraft parts for our scheduled and AOG maintenance to be carried out. They plan and purchase in advance to ensure the required level of spare parts are available in our stores across Europe to allow maintenance be carried out on our aircraft across our 87 bases throughout Europe.
Based in our Dublin office, you will work as part of a team responsible for:
- Monitoring and controlling all Material requirements.
- Controlling the purchase and repair of our Material requirements.
- Assisting in the control of Warranty.
- Liaising with suppliers on Materials issues.
- Controlling costs associated with the Purchase of Materials.
- Assisting all Stores in our Network to ensure the smooth running of our Operation.
- Ensuring that repair orders for all unserviceable items are generated and assisting in dealing with repair shops costs.
- Making sure that all components are monitored and accurately reflected on our computer system.
- Liaising with all Engineering Departments to ensure that all queries are quickly resolved.
- Ensuring that spares are available and are adequately distributed to support our Operation.
- Monitoring all component removals and installations that occur and controlling all spares associated with this activity.
- Monitoring spare part movements to ensure that robberies, loans and exchanges are completed correctly and that costs are kept to a minimum.
- Controlling all freight movements and ensuring that all freight costs are efficiently controlled.
- Accomplish other such duties as may be reasonably directed by Management
- Experience in a similar role.
- Experience in negotiating at senior level.
- Excellent numerical ability and contract experience.
- A sound knowledge of computer systems
- The ability to work on own initiative
- A mature sense of judgement
- Be highly organised and have the ability to handle a wide variety of tasks in a highly pressurised environment.
- Proven computer skills and be an effective communicator