Digital Design Studio Manager
Ryanair, Europe’s largest low fares airline are in the process of growing its Product Design team. We have an exciting opportunity to work in one of Europe’s biggest consumer & travel brands, in a fast paced and challenging environment. We are always looking how we can improve how we work and for better ways of doing things here at Ryanair HQ. We’re looking for bright, talented and enthusiastic people who love design & and are focused on delivering a great product to our customers.
We’ve started on a journey to deliver amazing user experiences across platforms for all forty million plus of our site visitors per month. But the work has only begun.
We’re looking for an experienced Design Studio Manager to join our Product Design team in Dublin to deliver great products for our customers. We’re a thriving design team and have grown to three Travel Labs offices across Europe. We’re looking for someone who can help our design delivery as we scale up.
- Work closely with our team of designers to successfully deliver and manage design across projects with particular focus in the oversight of our day to day operations.
- Be an integral part of the Digital Experience team, driving design planning and delivery across projects, ensuring each and every project is resourced, follows our core processes to deliver against project timelines.
- Be at ease managing priorities and be experienced planning and driving design projects to successful completion.
- Be responsible for ensuring design teams follow process and that the design team delivers across our digital portfolio of projects consistently.
It’s an opportunity to shape, develop and lead design delivery here in Ryanair on short and long-term projects.
You’ll report to the Head of Product Design and you’ll manage the day-to-day operations of the design team – UX, UI Research and Creative. You’ll work closely with our team Leads and also the wider team such as Product Owners, Digital Marketing, Insight and other stakeholders in the business to ensure projects flow from initial ideas through to launch – and in line with Ryanair’s design processes.
You’ll have experience in design and/or design management. You may be an experienced designer, a project manager in digital delivery previously. You’ll be comfortable working with design teams and managing design activities necessary for project delivery through design sprint, development. You’ll be adept collaborating with key functions such as UX and UI Design, Research, Insight, Product Owners, and Ecommerce Execs through the successful delivery of projects.
Here’s what we’d like to see:
- Experience executing successful delivery of digital projects at a product level
- Experience integrating multiple design work streams in projects successfully
- Provide direction to design teams and business stakeholders
- Provide visibility of design activities to stakeholders and keep informed on progress, priorities and concerns.
- Drive continuous improvement in projects delivery through our design work
- 3+ years design management experience
- 4+ years as a designer / related discipline
- Proven ability managing design resource and processes
- Experience managing multiple projects schedules in parallel
- In-depth knowledge and respect for design – the value of doing design right
- Familiarity with common design methods/activities and Design Sprints etc.
- Experience managing design reviews and sign off processes
- Ability to work at a strategic level, and as at a more detailed level as required.
- Degree in Design or related field of Tech or Business