Ryanair is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Controller to join our team.
Based in our Head Office Office in Dublin, you will be reporting to the Technical Operations Manager with responsibility for providing technical expertise to oversee the technical defects and maintenance of our fleet of over 430 aircraft. You will monitor aircraft technical defects with a view to required maintenance and operational requirements, whilst maintaining the highest levels of Airworthiness standards, fleet reliability and maximum serviceability
- Support the Line Maintenance operation to maintain a serviceable fleet.
- Assisting in the efficient rectification of aircraft defects.
- Coordination of and assisting in the recovery and repair of AOG aircraft, supporting all aspects of returning an aircraft to service.
- Constantly communicating with flight crew to ascertain the nature of any technical defects reported.
- Ensuring that the fleet aircraft are based in the correct locations for operational and engineering requirements.
- Liaising with the Operations Department in prioritizing flight operational requirements.
- Monitoring of aircraft Hold Item Lists (HIL) Deferred Defects (DD) and Minimum Equipment Lists (MEL) defects to ensure rectification in timely manner.
- Ad hoc project work as requested by the Engineering management team.
- Hold an EASA Part 66 license (B1 or B1 / B2) with a type rating on B737 NG.
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in aircraft maintenance preferably on B737 NG.
- Preferably have previous experience in a Maintenance Control environment.
- A willingness to work shift patterns as required.
- Flexible approach to working in fast changing environment.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Eligible to live and work in the EU.
- Possess and be able to demonstrate the key competencies and skills outlined below.
Key Competencies / Skills Required:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Be a self-motivated individual with a high level of initiative and commitment.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and to adapt quickly within a dynamic situation.
- Ability to have a calm, measured response to sometimes urgent problem solving.
- Excellent computer literacy with a good working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) particularly in Excel.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic and flexible team member with the ability to work as part of a team, but also demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative.