Managing Director - Ryanair GmbH
Ryanair Engineering Germany GmbH a wholly owned subsidiary of Ryanair DAC is currently recruiting for a Business operations MD to be based in Berlin, Germany. Ryanair DAC has a fleet of over 440 aircraft across 87 bases through Europe, with firm orders to grow this to over 580 aircraft by 2024 as well as the introduction of the Boeing Max.
With 52 based aircraft, Ryanair Engineering GMBH will initially have approx 100 employees working in 12 bases across Germany with plans to increase this workforce as per business requirements as the Ryanair operation continues its expansion plans across Germany. Working closely with the Technical Operations MD, Director of Engineering and senior management based in Dublin, you will be responsible for:
- Expansion of bases and number of based aircraft in line with customer requirements and increase of fleet by 200 aircraft.
- Building and management of new hangar facilities at key German airports.
- Setting up a training and development plan to hire and train direct from school.
- Increase of maintenance capability across the Germany bases and beyond.
- Set up a logistics centre to support Ryanair across Northern Europe.
- Driving, recruitment, retention and staff management.
The new managing Director should have business experience which should include all aspects of business including:
- German speaker with good English.
- Organizational planning. Building the Company from the base up.
- Safety. Ensuring compliance with EU and local laws.
- Development policies and drafting of company procedures.
- Knowledge of accounts
- Knowledge of company financial requirements.
- Knowledge of company and private tax requirements.
- Human resources (knowledge of shift work rules and laws)
- Recruitment and Staffing.
- Working with Staff representatives.
- Employment and compliance with regulatory concerns regarding employees.
- Disciplinary procedures