European Bases Manager
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying 116m p.a. on more than 1,800 daily flights from 84 bases, connecting over 200 destinations in 33 countries on a fleet of over 340 Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 330 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 180m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 10,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 31 year safety record.
Reporting to the Head of Inflight, the European Bases Manager will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day management of Inflight staff in the European bases. The role has two primary functions operations and sales.
Job Description (includes but not limited to)
- Extensive travel to Ryanair bases
- Manage crew punctuality and attendance across Ryanair bases.
- Responsibility for the on time reporting for duty of all cabin crew.
- Offer support and monitor the performance of Base Supervisors.
- Successfully manage and contribute to the profitability by increasing the volume of products that are sold within each onboard sales category, and improving the Average Spend by base.
- Achieve category goals, assisting and taking charge of the strategy, by managing underperforming routes and bases.
- Have excellent ability to implement sales strategy and measure results, and be able to make decision and make a difference.
- Work with other Inflight Managers and Personnel on staffing, contracts and disciplinary issues.
- Maintain Customer Service and Grooming Standards.
- Work with Third party contractors on staffing
- Ensure best practice is carried out and handle any issues/problems that may arise.
- Responsibility for keeping inflight costs down.
- Assist in the setting up of any new bases.
- Proven administration skills
- Ability to write weekly inflight reports and any other administrative reports/letters/spreadsheets that may needed.
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change quickly
- Windows literate (Word, Excel etc.)
If you meet the above criteria and have the energy and commitment to join our exciting organisation, then we want to hear from you!