Lead UX Designer
Ryanair, Europe’s largest low fares airline is looking to grow its Product Design team. This is an exciting opportunity to work in one of Europe’s biggest consumer & travel brands, in a fast paced and challenging environment. From the cockpit and cabin to our state of the art head office here in Dublin, we want a team that is quick-thinking, fast-acting and hard-working. We’re looking for bright, talented and enthusiastic people who love design & and are focused on delivering a great UX.
We’ve started on a journey to deliver amazing user experiences across platforms for all forty million plus of our site visitors per month. But the work has only begun.
We’re looking for a Lead UX Designer join our Product team in Dublin. Core to this role, will be a hands-on can-do attitude with a determination to drive our UX framework and thinking forward to create even better digital experience for our millions of customers.
You’ll be responsible for the quality and delivery of our UX across our entire digital portfolio, through development of new UX standards, proactive governance, and through leadership and mentoring of an amazing Design team across our Labs.
You’ll have an excellent portfolio, showcasing your design thinking and problem solving skills across a variety of projects - any ecommerce or travel examples are an advantage. You’ll be comfortable leading and mentoring teams in the development of UX methodologies, Design Sprints & Design strategy needed to deliver amazing experiences. You’ll be adept collaborating with wider teams, including UI Design, Research, Insight, Product Owners, and Ecommerce Executives to support delivery of business goals and always to ensure the customer’s expectation of ‘Made Simple’ and ‘Always Getting Better’ are maintained.
Here’s what we’d like to see:
- Proven track record mentoring and inspiring a team of UX Designers to create great products
- Design Governance – Being proactive in the creation & implementation of design standards, libraries, frameworks, to deliver product consistently and in line with best practice.
- Applied Expertise – How you’ve integrated new Design Thinking, Lean UX and other methodologies into business and your team from start to finish.
- Foster game-changing UX in the wider business – Represent UX capabilities & expertise in the wider business and contribute to the Digital strategy.
- Excellent communication skills - To senior management and stakeholders alike
- Ability to manage competing project priorities scheduling and resources
- 5 years experience working in a senior UX role
- Relevant third level degree – design/tech related
- Outstanding attention to detail & iterative design examples
- Experience in a fast paced development environment advantageous
- Understanding of User Research, Data & validation strategies – from start to finish
- Strong interest in the travel industry & eCommerce arena