Group Payroll Manager
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying 130m p.a. on more than 1,800 daily flights from 86 bases, connecting over 200 destinations in 33 countries on a fleet of over 400 Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 305 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 14,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 31-year safety record.
Ryanair is seeking to recruit a Group Payroll Manager to join its Finance Department at our Head Office in Swords, Co Dublin.
This role is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and ambitious individual who wants to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Based in our Swords Head Office, this is a permanent position.
- Management of the Group’s in-house payroll team across offices in Dublin, Stansted (London) and Wroclaw, Poland
- Management of the Group’s third party outsourced payroll processing relationships
- Monitor on a daily basis the team’s performance and maintenance of reporting deadlines
- Ensure accurate and timely flow of data between payroll, related systems and external providers.
- Produce and verify timely and accurate payments to third party vendors and manage the costs of outsourced providers ensuring best value.
- Assist with the implementation of new systems and existing system upgrades.
- Day to day maintenance and testing of payroll IT systems in conjunction with IT to ensure all relevant releases are updated.
- In conjunction with key stakeholders throughout the business continually develop and improve procedures, controls and workflows for the Group’s payroll activities in order to achieve the established objectives and ensure best practice is observed. Ensure all payroll staff and managers implement and adhere to all procedures and controls.
- Ensure that payroll delivery complies with all national, legal and fiscal requirements across multiple jurisdictions and that all regulatory and statutory requirements are met. Oversee both internal and external audits including SOX controls.
- Partner with other business areas (HR, IT, Tax, Finance) to provide expertise and data needed to complete reporting, budgeting and audit responsibilities.
- Continued engagement with legislative changes to ensure adequate planning is in place to meet changing requirements.
- Ad-hoc duties
- IPASS/CIPP and/or employment tax qualification in conjunction with a demonstrated working knowledge of employment law as it relates to payroll. An understanding of personal tax returns and tax residency matters across European jurisdictions is a distinct advantage.
- 5+ years of payroll or financial management experience with a proven track record of leading, developing and motivating a team within a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential. The candidate should be able to demonstrate a high degree of initiative, and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A high level of IT competency and a proven track record of overseeing multiple payroll systems and managing the implementation of system upgrades.
- Strong Microsoft Excel is essential.