Regional Flight Operations Manager
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying over 120m p.a. on more than 2,000 daily flights from 86 bases, connecting 200 destinations in 34 countries on a fleet of 380 Boeing 737 aircraft Ryanair has a team of more than 14,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and has an industry leading 31-year safety record.
Due to our continued growth we are currently looking to recruit a Regional Flight Operations Manager based at our Global Headquarters in Swords, Co Dublin, Ireland.
As a Regional Flight Operations Manager you will gain experience in a wide range of flight operations activities. We look for people who are keen to learn and quick to adapt. People who can get stuck into small tasks, but aren’t afraid to take on the really big ones.
Ideal candidates will currently be managing a regional team in a fast paced multinational environment.
You’ll have a third level degree preferably in Management or Human Resources, a head for data, the ability to communicate effectively and experience of working in a busy, deadline-driven environment.
- Work with local base managers to ensure compliance with Ryanair’s policies and procedures
- Manage day to day operational issues
- Streamline procedures to assure continued efficiency for pilots and management.
- Manage base requests and allocations.
- Manage the relationship with 3rd party agencies.
- Measure efficiency and report weekly on key performance indicators
- Identify and resolve local and / or individual pilot issues etc.
- Liaise with managers from different departments as required
- Conduct base visits across Europe on a weekly basis
- A highly motivated flexible individual with a disciplined outlook, demonstrated capacity for hard work and responsibility
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Ideally currently managing a retail team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal, written and analytical skills
- Level-headed, calm and the ability to think and respond appropriately in challenging situations
- Experienced in dealing with employees and reporting weekly on key performance indicators
- These positions require you to travel extensively across our network. It is estimated that you will be visiting bases at least 2 days a week.
- Operations management experience is desired but not essential.
If you meet the above criteria and have the energy and commitment to join our exciting organisation, then we want to hear from you!