QA Engineer - Finance
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying over 117m customers p.a. on more than 1,800 daily flights from 84 bases, connecting 200 destinations in 33 countries on a fleet of 350 Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 315?Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 180m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 11,500 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and has an industry leading 31-year safety record.
Reporting to the QA manager, you will take direction from your QA lead, define, estimate duration and execute test cases against the software under test.
Ideally the successful candidate will have a qualification in a technical discipline (e.g. BSc in CS, IT or Physics) alternative qualifications such as a post graduate masters with an IT focus or a technical qualification from a recognised PLC with the relevant work experience might also be considered
Previous experience testing SAP, Financial platforms, high availability platforms or ERP systems, in industries such as Airlines, Insurance, Fin Tech or Gaming.
Candidates should express a desire to progress along the QA career path on either the technical or team leadership route.
Strict attention to detail and a good eye for interface and API anomalies are essential qualities for any prospective candidates.
Ideal Candidates should be able to demonstrate
- Enthusiasm for learning new skills and adapting quickly to new technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a capacity for problem definition and analysis with an ability to present issues in a way that the development team can interpret into solutions in the application
Applicants will be expected to have past experience with some or all of the following:
· Exposure & knowledge of TDD or BDD development & test methods
· ISTQB Certified would be an advantage
· Past exposure to SAP or other Financial Systems would be useful
· Experience in Java or .NET development environments
· Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python or Ruby would be useful
· SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL
· Past experience with the Atlassian application stack (Jira, Confluence, Stash)
· Previous experience with test asset management tools such as
o TestRail, Zephyr, HP ALM or equivalent