IT Helpdesk Support Agent - EFB (Electronic Flight Bag)
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying 119m p.a. on more than 1,800 daily flights from 85 bases, connecting over 200 destinations in 33 countries on a fleet of over 360 Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 305 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 11,500 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 31-year safety record.
Ryanair is currently recruiting for an EFB IT Administrator to join our IT Support team for a permanent position based in our Swords Head Office.
Ryanair run a dedicated EFB (Electronic Flight Bag) helpdesk for Pilot iPad systems. This helpdesk supports our estate of over 4000 Pilot iPads that are used in the cockpit around Europe.
- Maintaining a good working knowledge of the EFB system's hardware, operating system and installed software applications
- Ensuring that the hardware and software applications are configured in accordance with applicable requirements and that their output complies with regulations
- Ensuring that no unauthorised software is installed on the EFB system
- Maintenance of the EFB Policy and Procedures Manual
- Manage the update cycles and ensure that the updates are always completed on or before the cut-over date
- Liaise with vendors to ensure any defective items are serviced and returned for operations within the Service Level Agreement (SLA) interval itself
- Other Operationss duties as required.
- Good command of computer skills
- Preferable experience in providing application support to end users
- Attention to detail and quality
- Problem solving and decision making
- Good knowledge of Apple iPad & iOS
- Good communication and documentation skills