Sheet Metal Worker (MAD & BCN)
JC Aircraft Maintenance is an engineering services company supporting Ryanair’s engineering function in Spain.
JCAM is currently recruiting Sheet Metal Workers to be based in Madrid & Barcelona, Spain,
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, operating more than 1,800 daily flights from 77 bases, connecting 200 destinations in 31 countries on a fleet of over 300 Boeing 737 aircraft. Ryanair has orders for a further 380 new Boeing 737 aircraft, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic from 105m this year to 180m p.a. in FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 10,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and has an industry leading 30-year safety record.
We are interested in you if you are looking for a career opportunity where hard work, initiative and enthusiasm are part of the daily routine.
The successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Performs a wide variety of operations in the completion of assemblies involving component tooling where some judgment is necessary to set up and maintain a positive relationship of a multiple number of parts or assemblies
- Performs assembling operations such as cutting, filing, drilling, countersinking, fitting, shimming, adjusting, clamping, bolting, reaming, riveting, and bucking where locations and other pertinent information is established or predetermined and tolerances, edge margins, hole patterns, etc., are usually controlled by tooling and fixtures
- Locates reference points, holes, parts and assemblies from established reference lines or points, transfers hole and rivets pattern within predetermined limits and performs sheet metal assembly work with and without aid of jigs, fixtures or other tooling when necessary
- Applies sealing, bonding agents and other liquid adhesives per specification requirements.
- Install some hardware such as nuts, bolts, spring pins, cotter keys and safety wire as needed
- Special care is needed for stress critical areas and areas of cosmetic concern
- Rework and repair issues as needed
- Uses hand and portable tools such as rivet gun, drill motor, portable dimpling equipment, bucking bars, de-burr tools, file, scale, etc.
- Functional testing of completed parts and assemblies may be required
- Responsible for the quality of own work
- Performs other related duties as required
- High school education or equivalent. Requires the use of simple arithmetic, a limited number of measuring instruments and blueprints.
- Between 2 – 10 years aircraft structure experience required
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Be highly organized and have the ability to handle a wide variety of tasks in a highly pressurized environment
- Be and effective communicator
- Proven computer skills
If you meet the above criteria and have the energy and commitment to join our exciting organization, then we want to hear from you!