Senior UI Designer - Design System Manager
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying 139m guests p.a. on more than 2,000 daily flights from 86 bases, connecting over 200 destinations in 37 states on a fleet of over 450 Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 210 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 14,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and extending an industry leading 33 year safety record.
Here at Ryanair we are looking to grow our Design team. This is an exciting opportunity to work in one of Europe’s biggest consumer & travel brands, in a fast paced and challenging environment. We’re looking for bright, talented and enthusiastic people who love design & and are focused on delivering a great product to our customers.
We’re looking for an experienced UI designer – Design System Manager to join our Product team in Dublin. Having grown to three Ryanair Labs across Europe, designing at scale brings challenges – we’re looking for a hands on UI designer to focus on the design, development and management of our design assets and libraries.
You may have previously worked as a designer with a specific product remit but never have had the opportunity to redefine the design language and system. Perhaps you’ve dabbled in applying atomic design or are familiar with some of the popular design languages (ADG, Polaris, Material) already established. In any case you understand the value of design resources such as these for greater versatility, efficiency and consistency across product platform design teams. You’ll be itching to get out of the product detail and focus on working at this at Ryanair.
Here’s what we’d like to see:
- Familiarity with the design a of design systems assets such as:
- Style-guide creation – UI visuals / patterns for our platform
- Design Libraries – Creation and documentation of components in Sketch
Process – Implementing better ways of working
- Be able to show how you’ve worked with Design and Development teams on a day-to-day basis.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage projects.
- 3+ years experience working in design
- Relevant third level degree – design/tech related
- Experience in a fast paced development environment advantageous
- Good understanding of UI & visual language/systems
- Knowledge design strategies and front-end development
- Good knowledge of HTML & CSS