Sales and Marketing Executive - UK & IRE
Ryanair is Europe’s No.1 airline, carrying 129m customers p.a. on over 2,000 daily flights from 87 bases, connecting 210 destinations in 33 countries on a fleet of over 400, new, Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 240 B737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. These modern aircraft are among the quietest and most fuel efficient in operation, making Ryanair one of the greenest, cleanest airlines in Europe. Ryanair’s team of over 13,000 highly skilled aviation professionals deliver Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 32 year safety record.
We are seeking a proactive and sales driven individual on a permanent basis who will hit the ground running and enhance our sales and marketing activity in the UK & IE Regions. The successful candidate will have experience in a sales & marketing and have significant travel industry knowledge. You will also be required to regularly travel throughout Europe to meet our business needs.
Excellent communication skills are also important to this role as you will be responsible for managing all campaigns in your market and liaising with internal departments & external partners.
- Act as a spokesperson for Ryanair on all issues relating to the UK & IE markets, ensuring key messages are reported clearly in co-operation with the Head of Communications
- Increase passenger volumes and drive sales across routes.
- Manage and deliver national and regional promotions.
- Identify worthwhile sponsorship opportunities and manage big brand partnerships.
- Identify and manage joint advertising opportunities.
- Plan and deliver a programme of Sales, Marketing and PR activities for new routes and bases.
- Co-ordinate press conferences highlighting the importance of Ryanair (extensive travelling involved).
- Gather and report key market intelligence to Ryanair management and ensure the team are up to date on all relevant market issues.
- Identify, develop and grow relationships with media partners.
- Liaise and meet with tourist boards and relevant Government departments to add value to our Sales and Marketing Planning.
- Commercial focus and sales drive with a proven track record of success.
- Strong knowledge of the political and economic situation in the region.
- Fluent verbal and written English is essential. Other languages would constitute a plus.
- Close attention to detail and an ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Confident and upbeat personality.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- In-depth understanding of both offline and online media / Digital Savvy
- Proven track record in sales / achievement of targets/KPIs.
- Background in account/relationship management