Graduate HR Officer
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, operating more than 2000 daily flights from 86 bases, connecting 200 destinations in 33 countries and operating a fleet of more than 360 new Boeing 737-800 aircraft. In 2016/17 we will carry 119m passengers and will fly 200m by 2024.
Due to our continued growth, our HR Department are recruiting a HR Officer to be located at our offices at Airside Business Park, Swords. The HR Officer will report to the HR Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and proactive individual to hit the ground running and kick start their HR career. The successful candidate will be dealing with a broad range of HR issues and administration, from legal cases to drafting contracts and all the stuff in between. At Ryanair you will gain vast experience very early in your career as you are entrusted and expected to act like a HR Manager for the 1000+ employees under your remit to make daily decisions, offer advice and resolve all employee relations matters that arise.
- Managing the entire HR function for 1000+ employees in your bases.
- Monitoring employee absence and turnover to identify trends and deal with same.
- Liaising, supporting and advising management at all levels across the business on all HR related matters, ranging from general queries, grievances to disciplinary investigations and legal case preparation.
- Maintain the HR databases to ensure all files and the HR system is up to date and accurate.
- Weekly reporting to the HR Manager on all HR issues in your area.
- Contract, payroll & reference etc administration.
- Good knowledge of business and HR model to answer daily employee queries and make informed decisions.
- Excellent writing skills to be able to compose important disciplinary etc letters.
- Working on ad hoc projects as and when they arise.
- Legal case preparation for local litigation across Europe and for WRC & LC.
- Travelling across Europe to meet with employees on general employment matters, attend interviews and employee negotiations.
- HR degree or masters essential
- Ability to work in a pressurised and fast paced environment
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work under tight deadlines effectively and efficiently
- PC Skills (Word, Excel, Power point etc)
- Competitive salary
- Excellent promotional opportunities
- HQ voted in top 10 in Ireland
- Staff travel benefits