Junior Flight SIM Engineer - Europe
Exciting opportunity for aspiring engineers to start their career in the aviation industry and train to become a Flight Simulator Engineer. We are looking for motivated candidates with a qualification in electronics/electrical engineering /mechatronics or related subject to join our Junior Flight Simulator Engineer training programme.
Ryanair currently has over 390 aircraft with plans to increase to over 500 aircraft by 2024.
East Midlands Training Ltd. (Part of the Ryanair group), currently operates and maintains 12 flight simulators with plans to add another 9 flight simulators over the next 5 years.
Flight Sim Engineers are responsible for performance of maintenance of operational flight simulators to ensure maximum availability for flight crew training. Engineers also provide technical support regarding installation of new simulators and during recurrent aviation authority evaluations
Comprehensive theoretical and on-job training will be provided by experienced flight simulator engineers. You will be responsible for:
- Carry out preventative and corrective maintenance of the simulators
- Perform daily readiness checks to ensure the simulator is ready for daily operation.
- Liaise with aircrew at the technical level on aircraft systems to resolve defects.
- Liaise with technical inspectors at initial and recurrent qualifications.
- Conduct technical defect clearance with nominated flight crew.
- Complete any other tasks that are reasonably required to carry out the daily operation of a Flight Simulator Training Centre.
- Qualification in electronics/electrical engineering /mechatronics or related subject
- Highly motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Quick learner who can adapt to operational demands.
- Aviation background or strong interest in Aviation an advantage.
- Experience in Flight Simulator Engineering not essential