QA Coordinator Engineer
Ryanair is Europe’s No.1 airline, carrying 129m customers p.a. on over 2,000 daily flights from 87 bases, connecting 210 destinations in 33 countries on a fleet of over 400 new Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 240 B737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. These modern aircraft are among the quietest and most fuel efficient in operation, making Ryanair one of the greenest, cleanest airlines in Europe. Ryanair’s team of over 13,000 highly skilled aviation professionals deliver Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 32 year safety record.
Ryanair Labs is a state of-the-art digital & IT innovation hub creating Europe’s Leading Travel Experience for customers.
We currently have +100 staff working in our technology department in Dublin, with a further 250 working across our Travel Labs offices in Wroclaw and Madrid.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated individuals to work in a fast-paced customer focused ecommerce environment.
We are currently seeking a QA Coordinator Engineer for a permanent position based in our Dublin HQ.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Release manager and operating within the Quality Assurance structure in Ryanair Labs, Dublin; you will have the following roles & responsibilities;
- Support Release manager and management team in achieving QA sign off on multiple parallel releases, across multiple environments, using an agile (Scrum), continuous delivery model.
- Prepare & co-ordinate the Release test approach, and plan work accordingly
- Co-ordinate & support offshore Release QA team (~25 resources)
- Prepare daily test plan for offshore.
- Work with multiple Scrum QA Leads supporting them through the release process as they deliver their new features.
- Gather & share key feature info – requirements, test data and incorporate into Release test approach.
- Ensure Release Scope is suitably tested & signed off
- Work with automation team and support them through each Release QA cycle.
- Review offshore test execution results.
- Daily triage of issues raised, identify Critical high priority items that have potential to halt a release
- Escalate existing Production issues, ensure they are raised as appropriate.
- Maintain Test Rail project
- Lead 0ffshore in ongoing update and maintenance of Release Regression Test Suites (organic) to include new features as delivered by the scrum teams.
- Monitor & improve release QA processes, updating as required, coordinating this task with the planning and delivery organisation.
- Previous experience working with and perhaps leading an offshore QA team.
- Working with remote teams across Europe.
- Previous experience executing an end to end QA approach, test planning and process implementation across multiple delivery streams.
- Strong communication skills
- Ryanair Labs is a dynamic, fast paced environment, it is essential that any candidate is a proven self-starter with the capacity to fulfil this role with the minimum of supervision
- 3rd level qualification (FETAC level 8)
- In a technical discipline e.g. Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics, Physics etc.
- 3rd level qualification & technical Post Graduate qualification plus relevant work experience will also be considered.
- ISTQB Foundation level certification, while not a requirement, would be a distinct advantage.
Skills & Application Competencies
Some or all of the following skills and application exposure would be an advantage
- Linux/Unix knowledge with shell scripting experience
- MySQL/SQL Server
- IntelliJ, Eclipse or equivalent
- Experience on projects with a heterogeneous technology stack
- Atlassian Application Stack
- Jira, Confluence, Stash
- Experience working with remote & distributed teams
- Proven communication skills, both written and verbal
- TestRail test asset management tool or other similar test asset management application
- Postman/Fiddler Tool/Charles proxy or similar
- Familiarity with browser development tools