Sales & Marketing Manager - East Mediterranean Market
Ryanair is Europe’s No.1 airline, carrying 129m customers p.a. on over 2,000 daily flights from 87 bases, connecting 210 destinations in 33 countries on a fleet of over 400, new, Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 240 B737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. These modern aircraft are among the quietest and most fuel efficient in operation, making Ryanair one of the greenest, cleanest airlines in Europe. Ryanair’s team of over 13,000 highly skilled aviation professionals deliver Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 32 year safety record.
Our Sales and Marketing department is based in our Swords HQ consisting of 16 staff. Our 33 markets are divided into eight sections; UK&IRE, France&Benelux, Italy, Spain&Portugal, Scandi&Baltics, East Med, DACH, Central Eastern Europe. All sales and marketing activities are planned and executed from our Dublin Office.
Ryanair is currently looking to recruit a Sales & Marketing Manager for the East Mediterranean Market. This market consists of Greece, Cyprus, Israel, Croatia, Malta, Serbia&Montenegro. For this, you must be fluent in Greek. In this position you report to the Senior Sales & Marketing Manager and you will have one direct report.This role is permanent and is based in our Dublin Office in Swords. You will be required to be in the Dublin office Monday and Friday and travel to the markets mid week.
- Increase passenger volumes and drive sales across routes.
- Manage and deliver national and regional promotions.
- Identify worthwhile sponsorship opportunities and manage big brand partnerships.
- Identify and manage joint advertising opportunities.
- Act as a spokesperson for Ryanair on all issues relating to East Med Market ensuring key messages are reported clearly in co-operation with the Head of Communications
- Manage your team to ensure they deliver set targets.
- Plan and deliver a programme of Sales, Marketing and PR activities for new routes and bases.
- Co-ordinate press conferences highlighting the importance of Ryanair (extensive travelling involved).
- Gather and report key market intelligence to Ryanair management and ensure the team are up to date on all relevant market issues.
- Identify, develop and grow relationships with media partners.
- Liaise and meet with tourist boards and relevant Government departments to add value to our Sales and Marketing Planning.
- Fluent verbal and written English and Greek. Hebrew would constitute a plus
- Commercial focus.
- Sales driven with proven track record of success.
- Strong knowledge of the political and economic situation in the relevant markets
- Close attention to detail and an ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Confident and upbeat personality.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to multi task and an ability to work on own initiative.
- Experience in dealing with the Media.
- Experience in Digital media is an advantage