UI Design Lead
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying 142m guests p.a. on more than 2,400 daily flights from 84 bases, connecting over 200 destinations in 37 states on a fleet of over 450 aircraft, with a further 210 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 14,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and extending an industry leading 34-year safety record.
Ryanair’s Digital Experience department is home to its very own in-house Design team. This team works towards creating a seamless experience with Ryanair customers across the end to end journey and all the touchpoints they interact with. This is done through research, ideation, iterative design, prototyping, visual design conceptualization.
The Visual Design team are responsible for managing the holistic visual identity and visual strategy of Ryanair across digital. They work to ensure all digital customer interactions are immediately recognizable as Ryanair and communicates our brand confidently and consistently.
Reporting to the Visual Design Manager, this position is responsible for leading a team of 10 UI Designers. The UI Lead will be responsible for defining and developing the UI strategy, focusing on objectives and execution of the Visual Design vision. They will ensure that the visual strategy is implemented at a UI level. This role will provide technical oversight for this team. They will coordinate with the Visual Design Manager to ensure that there is a cohesive visual language.
- Responsibility for UI execution & consistency – sign off team output
- Drive UI strategy in line with Visual Design strategy
- Ensure UI is conducted in line with best practice and integrated into Ryanair Design process
- Advocate and point of contact for all UI Qs
- Oversee team admin and line management
- Responsibility for UI execution – signs off on team output
- Ensures output and process is high quality
- Point of contact for UI on feature execution.
- Drive a design systems approach in our day to day and long term strategy
- Covers Web and App platforms
- Set objectives and manage YoY with Visual design manager