Product Owner - Ryanair Rooms
Who we are
Ryanair, Europe’s largest low fares airline is looking to grow its Digital team. This is an exciting opportunity to work with one of Europe’s biggest ecommerce platforms in a fast paced and challenging environment. From the cockpit and cabin to our state of the art head office here in Dublin, we want a team that is quick-thinking, fast-acting and hard-working. We want bright, talented and enthusiastic people who are passionate about ecommerce, love a challenge and who like to get stuck in.
Reporting to the Head of Product you will have responsibility for leading one of Ryanair’s most exciting Products: Ryanair Rooms. You will have full responsibility for generating and prioritising the product backlog for Rooms. Working with a talented UX/UI team you will have responsibility for delivering a product that is best in class within the accommodation market. This is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor and play a lead role in the development of a major platform.
- Maintain prioritized backlogs and ensure that teams have a clear understanding of what they are developing and the value it delivers to the customer.
- Derive the functional requirements and features from the business case.
- Collaborate with UX to ensure successful design and development of product improvements.
- Communicate with Product Management on a regular basis to provide feedback on progress of implementation of the product vision.
- Ensure we are maximizing the value of the products and work of the engineering teams against the Business Case
- Collaborate with Product Management on Go to Market plans.
- Monitor and manage the scope and risk on new development in your product area
- Support the scrum team(s) during each sprint to clarify requirements, make priority calls, review test plans and review development work.
- Continuously refine the backlog with the scrum team(s) to convert the problems on the backlog into user stories which are granular enough to be achieved within a single sprint and still deliver business value
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders and external Hotel Providers and ensure excellent communication is maintained throughout all phases of the design and development process
- Showcase / present work to senior stakeholders within the Business
- Keep an eye on our competitors and have an excellent view on the Accommodation industry
- Analyse data post product releases to production and report back to the business
- Product Ambassador. Communicate Product Vision to wider group.
- Proven experience within Product of at least 3 years – a must
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Ability to work in an organisational structure with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of working with marketing services and product teams
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently
- Strong communication, organisational and project implementation skills
Closing Date: 4th October 2017