Solution Architect - Software Development
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying 119m p.a. on more than 1,800 daily flights from 85 bases, connecting over 200 destinations in 33 countries on a fleet of over 360 Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 305 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 11,500 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 31-year safety record.
Ryanair Labs is a state of-the-art digital & IT innovation hub creating Europe’s Leading Travel Experience for customers.
We are looking for Solutions Architect to join our new digital development team. In this role you will work closely with our development and product team to develop, modify and support our website and user interfaces across all channels. We want someone who is motivated by emerging technologies and has a passion to drive digital transformation. A real desire to work in a collaborative and fast-paced retail environment is essential. You will be joining Ryanair at an exciting time with an ambitious roadmap to become digital leaders and pioneers.
Your responsibilities as a Solution Architect will include
- Designing and Delivering best in class solutions for Ryanair Labs products and services.
- Architect the future of our products bridging software and business.
- Work closely with the development teams setting out direction and support as required.
- Driving best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm
- Assisting analysts and business stakeholders in shaping, estimating and planning new requirements.
- Drive systems and software reliability and performance.
- Occasionally contributing implementing solutions.
- Striving for continuous improvement within the team.
- Troubleshoot technical issues in real time.
Here's what we're looking for:
- 5+ years of professional web development experience
- Expert level knowledge of either .NET or Java.
- Deep understanding of the enterprise software space
- Experience working with cloud identity providers and collaboration tools
- Proficiency in modern design patterns and architecture (e.g. microservices)
- Experience with security protocols and enterprise user management systems
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)