Senior BI Developer
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying 119m p.a. on more than 1,800 daily flights from 85 bases, connecting over 200 destinations in 33 countries on a fleet of over 360 Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 305 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 11,500 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 31-year safety record.
Ryanair Labs is a state of-the-art digital & IT innovation hub creating Europe’s Leading Travel Experience for customers. As a scrum master you will work closely with product owners from discovery to implementation of new products driving Ryanair’s strategic vision. As part of an agile development team you will play a key role in defining and shaping new projects and approaches to delivery. This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated individuals to work in a fast-paced customer focused ecommerce environment.
We are looking for a Senior BI Developer to work in a multi-disciplined team, working alongside Developers, Data Scientists and DBAs. The role will allow you to develop and implement wide ranging solutions for the entire business. The duties will include:
- The design, architecture, implementation and support of Ryanair applications using a variety of tools
- Participate in and/or lead the requirements, analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and support of BI technology solutions.
- Conduct ETL, Data Warehouse Modelling, OLAP, processes documentation and BI solution delivery
- Provide recommendations to improve system functionality and processes within the BI environment.
This role requires a person with the ability to work on their own, or as part of a larger group to deliver best in class BI tools for a dynamic company. You shouldn’t be afraid to try new solutions or technologies in order to solve a problem – we encourage people to use their initiative to solve anything that comes their way.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 Years BI experience with solid understanding of data warehouse, BI architecture and related concepts
- Experience with Data Warehouse Dimension/Relational modelling and Cube development
- ETL programming skills, including experience with large code bases, complex data structures, and a variety of BI development tools
- Microsoft Technology stack (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS)
- Programming knowledge using APIs for Data Integrations with C#, SOAP/REST, etc.,
- Experience with AWS a plus
Our tech stack includes (but isn’t limited to):
- MS SQL Server 2016
- QlikView, Tableau, Power BI
- (HDFS, Spark, Impala, Hive, Cloudera)
- Couchbase, MongoDB
- Java, Python, Scala, R
- AWS (S3, EC2, ECS, Lambda, EMR, RedShift), Docker, Elastic Search, Kibana,)