Flight SIM Engineer - Madrid
JC Maintenance are currently recruiting for a Flight SIM Engineer to join their team and work in co-operation with their client airline Ryanair.
Based in our Flight Training Centre in Madrid, Spain, the primary role will be to support the training centre by providing a diagnostic and rectification service to the CAE 7000 Series B737-800W full flight simulator and to all the associated aircrew and cabin crew training equipment. Quick action to resolve issues that affect the training of aircrew using the simulators and training equipment will be a priority. You will also carry out preventative maintenance to ensure that the simulators are maintained to the required regulatory standard.
You will be working as part of a small team with responsibility for:
- Rectification of defects on flight simulators, their sub-systems and components, flight simulator visual systems and cabin crew training devices using a range of skills to include repair, overhaul, adjustment, maintenance, calibration, testing and inspection.
- Modification of existing hardware and software to maintain regulatory compliance, company standards and optimum device performance.
- Maintenance of all technical, regulatory and company documentation including IT system based records required to support the successful operation of the Flight Training Centre.
- Recognised training and experience in the maintenance and operation of Flight Simulators in particular CAE devices.
- Electronic and electromechanical knowledge with analytical and diagnostic skills necessary to operate and maintain Flight Simulator electrical, pneumatic, interface, controls, computer and peripheral equipment.
- Experience in the use of Flight Simulator software for maintenance purposes and with the skills to engage in software and hardware development projects.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the regulatory requirements governing Flight Simulators with the ability to maintain the devices to these requirements at all times.
- Excellent 2-way communication skills, both verbal and written.
- IT proficiency in PC based resources.
- Able to work on own initiative to identify and produce cost effective solutions to technical problems
- Must be able to work within a team.
- Working hours will be through a shift system required to support a 24hour operation.